Thursday, October 23, 2014

(Hot sweaty GoFundMe action!) Good news and bad news about the move. Also another request for help...

The move went smoothly. 

That's good. 

But the movers more that doubled their price in the middle of the process. 

That's bad. 

We are all a lot happier here. There is so much natural light! It really can effect your moods. 

That's good. 

Unfortunately we currently don't have the cash to afford a set of curtains right now. 

That's bad. 

My dogs love the new place, they're always lying in sunbeams and watching traffic go by in the windows. The cockatiel loves it too, he is always getting in singing contests with the birds outside, 

That's good. 

But within 2 hours of moving in our cat Rascal escaped and hasn't been seen since.

That's bad. 

My wife is feeling so much better. She still isn't 100% but she's not bedridden. It is nice to see her back into her online classes and crocheting. 

That's good. 

My father in law is off on a trip and needed someone to house sit. Well, dog sit really. That means my wife is going to be away until Sunday. It's so strange, when she isn't around I lose a kind of equilibrium of the heart. Everything feels just a little off. 

That's bad. 

My daughter started at her new school this week and despite her worries to the contrary she's already making friends. 

That's good. 

One morning a group of her friends drove her in to school. As they headed off I realize to myself that in two years my little girl would be getting her driver's license. 

That's sad. 

And lastly- this Sunday is my birthday. 

That's good. 

And on that day I'm turning 47. 

That's old! 

With all that said I do want to ask again for your donations. The little incident with the movers has kind of hit us below the waterline. 

At least now our rent is half of what it was. 

And that's very good.


No comments:

Post a Comment