Thursday, September 18, 2014

GoFundMe Update and an anecdote...


Hello everyone!

4 days to go until Ness heads in for her operation. We are a little less stressed in a lot of ways- thank you for that.

Anything you can give will help us pay off this year's ambulance rides.

Speaking of ambulance rides- this is a true story.

The morning after I brought my wife and our daughter home from the maternity ward there was a complication. Her c-section stitches pretty much split apart as she was walking from the kitchen to the baby's room. Red fluid splattered onto her feet and the floor.

We shared a long moment of horrified silence marked only by our newborn daughter's crying. Ness, always the calm in the storm said to me, "Al, get the phone and dial 911."

And I said, "What's the number?"

15 years later and I will never ever live that down.

No comments:

Post a Comment