Friday, August 2, 2013

This post is dedicated to and in solidarity with little Dexter...

From Katie Vyktoriah's blog.

What Happened When My Son Wore a Pink Headband to Walmart

...He rocked that headband.

Soon enough, we were done with our shop and were making our way toward the front. As we passed through the produce section, two teenage girls began giggling and one of them asked, "Is that a boy or a girl?" I smiled and said, "He's a boy." I looked on at him adoringly as they continued to giggle.

Out of nowhere a big booming voice rang out. "THAT'S a BOY?!" The man was overly large with a bushy beard and a camouflage shirt with the arms cut off. He had tattered shorts and lace-up work boots with no laces. I could smell the fug of cigarette smoke surrounding him, and there was a definite pong of beer on him.

"Yes," I said simply, still smiling.

With no notice, the man stepped forward, grabbed the headband off of Dexter's head and threw it to the bottom of our shopping cart. He then cuffed Dexter around the side of his head (not hard, but that is not the point) and said with a big laugh, "You'll thank me later, little man!"

At the same time as I stepped forward, Dexter grabbed his head where the man had smacked him and threw his other hand forward, stomping his foot and shouting, "NO!" I got between my son and this man and said very firmly, "If you touch my son again, I will cut your damn hands off."

The guy snarled at me, looked at Dexter with disgust and said, "Your son is a f*cking fa***t." He then started sauntering out, but not before he threw over his shoulder, "He'll get shot for it one day."...

 

 

Katie and Dexter... I am so sorry this happened to you guys. You didn't deserve it- nobody deserves it. As a parent and a human being this fills me with anger.

 

I've posted this picture on my blog before, I wore it and posted it in a bit of silliness and fun with my daughter but now I am posting it in honor of you guys...

 

Dexter, I got your back buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment