Saturday, April 7, 2012

HOLY COW!!! The RPG.net Rants/Binder of Shame stories are 10 years old!

 

Ten years!

The first of the 'Rants' THE TEAM THAT COULDN'T SHOOT STRAIGHT was first posted on 3/21/2002!

I wrote it because I was at work, I was bored and a little depressed over my ever growing pile of rejection slips.

I remember posting it and then thinking to myself "I'll never do something like this again."

But I did do it again... twenty four times by the time I realized it was time to stop.

Ten years and folks are still reading and laughing over these stories these strange and somewhat true stories. I honestly can't wrap my head around it sometimes. You guys have kept these tales alive, repeating them, reposting them, linking to them, TV troping them, turning them into radio plays and gosh knows what else.

For a long time I felt like a failed writer  but you guys and gals - whoever and wherever you are - helped me get through that. Maybe I won't be the next Clive Barker, Stephen King or Snooki but I told my stories and you heard.

I will always be grateful.

 

And for those of you that don't know what the Hell I am talking about here they are...

 

 

The Binder of Shame by Francis Hogan

 

 

 

The RPG.net Rants

Uncensored, Unforgettable and Uncorrected

 

 

RPG.NET rant #3 A Night At The Inn, A Day At The Racists

RPG.NET rant #4 The God Trip

RPG.NET rant #5 Achy Breaky Mythos

RPG.NET rant #6 Monty Python Mishaps In The Deepest Pit Of Homebrew Hell

No comments:

Post a Comment