Friday, September 25, 2009

Other Blogs Other Stories

I am finally catching up on Philippa Ballantine's very well written and performed audio adventure. Check it out!
Weather Child - the tale of alternate history, madness and magic in New Zealand.



Here are some more 5 Second Fictions from Darcknyt

#5secfic "He's laid out quite a spread," Det. Ng muttered as he studied the map of The Picnic Killer's crime scenes.

#5secfic So...much...mayo..." The victim muttered the phrase over and over. Det. Ng knew he'd be no help in catching The Picnic Killer now.

#5secfic "I wasn't ready to have a kid," he mulled. "Not to worry," she soothed, "it isn't yours."



Here is Annetta Ribken's #fridayflash fiction
“Long time, no see,” she said.

Upon hearing that voice, my whole body stiffened, including Mr. Happy. What can I say? I’m a guy, and that’s what happens to guys when a beautiful Goddess sneaks up behind you and whispers something like that in your ear.

I didn’t turn, because I didn’t want her to see how she could still affect Mr. Happy that way. Although, I’m pretty sure she was more than aware.




Another #FridayFlash this one from Karen Schindler
"Doorbell."

"I know honey, I heard it too. It's probably our pizza. Will you be alright for a minute if I go see who it is?"

"Sure, Lizbeth and I are going to do our nails and then we're going to color."

As he left the room Randy glanced back over his shoulder at Sara and Elizabeth as they sat on the floor playing together.

So far he didn't get what all the hoopla had been about Sara needing constant supervision. He'd been here two pleasant hours and was thinking about making this a regular baby sitting gig.




Larry Latham's LOVECRAFT IS MISSING continues to kick ass Alan Moore style!




Kate Sherrod gives another bit of her work in progress The Interstellar Feller
The shuttle's plume of flame as it departs
Draws much attention 'round the neighborhood,
Especially that of good old Farmer Hartz
Whose field was decorated by the good
And hearty crew of Grokluator. He
Emerges from the farmhouse with a rake
He brandishes as what must surely be
His only weapon, but they are long gone,
The artists who made of his field a shrine
To Pepi's manly beauty. As the dawn
Breaks on Hartz' landscape, all that fine
Detail work is lost on the landowner
But 'mongst the news 'copters is caused a stir.



Now truth be told there is a lot more great stuff out there to listen to and watch but I am about to fall asleep in my chair so I hope to share more recommendations soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment