Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Forgive Me If I Go Out On A Limb Here...

Now here is an idea for a Helluva Double Feature!

Ah if only my parents had been millionaires that had died young. I would either have been a costumed crime fighter or opened my own movie theater to show movies that I thought were worth seeing - the classics, the obscure and the new and interesting would all have a home there.

And every Saturday night there would be a double feature. Here is one of the ones I think would be great...

PLANET TERROR and THE MACHINE GIRL






Here are two stories of women that turn from victims to agents of destruction, here are two stories set in worlds where the laws and physics, physiology and rational behavior have no power. These are films that titillate and mutilate. They are the the direct decedents of Sam Rami's Xena and Evil Dead series Both oddly enough feature heroines that are maimed and then weaponized. The villains in Planet Terror are zombies and slowly mutating soldiers. The villains in The Machine Girl are ninjas and mobsters prone to wearing drill bras. These are some real crowd pleasers with delirious action and some moments of humor that are as odd as they are charming. These are the perfect movies to watch with some friends, so long as it isn't your local church group. (then again...)

If you haven't seen either of these flicks yet, they're both out on DVD. Give them a try.

1 comment:

  1. I might just have to do that. I saw Planet Terror when it came out to FEARnet. But I didn't watch it. I'm not that big a zombie fan.

    The other one, however, looks like a good ol' gore-fest. I'm usually not into gore either, but c'mon ... drill bras, man. C'mon.

    ReplyDelete