Monday, February 16, 2009

Still here, still kicking...

Just wanted to let you all know while the site seems to be update free I am hard at work. I am trying to get the serial novel into shape as well as some more funny stuff about my sordid past.

If anything I seem to have taken on too many projects but I plan to press on and finish the damn serial novel before I start posting it. As I said, I tend to flake out on projects like this if I try to make my muse fit around my schedule.

This weekend I had a nice weekend with the family, my wife was sick for Valentine's weekend so I hope to make it up to her this weekend assuming of course I don't catch whatever it is she has.

Over the weekend I revisited the first Volume of Clive Barker's Books of Blood, I have to say this has got to be my literary first love. It made me turn my attention from writing unfinished comedy novels, fan fiction and poorly drawn comic strips. I feel that in many ways reading that boom showed me how damned original and off the wall horror and dark fantasy could be. Ever since then I have followed Mr. Barker's work faithfuly- Imajica, Weaveworld and Gallilee remain important parts of my life.

Now I am reading John Ajvide Lindqvist's Let The Right One In. As you know I have seen the film already but I have to say that so far the book is well worth reading spoilers or not. The world is interesting and the character of Hakan feels radically fascinatingly different from the version in the movie. Pick it up if you can.

You know speaking of fan fiction... maybe there is something I can show you today...

No comments:

Post a Comment