Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Disclaimer

Disclaimer

Before we go any further please let me explain to you that nothing you read on this website is about you.

(But it might be)

Sure we might have met a time or twenty, maybe we where friends, maybe we were enemies but, absolutely nothing here is about you.

(Unless it is.)

None of the characters you read about are real people. Nobody like these people could survive in modern civilized society.

(Well, maybe in politics.)

If you’re a lady who was in the Albany area from 1988 to 1992 and you happened to date me, however briefly or unwillingly, this is not about you.

(Even though there were so damn few of you.)

If you happened to visit my house and accidentally sat on my cat causing him to spasmodically urinate for weeks afterward, I’m not gonna bring it up.

(Except for now.)

If you have worked with me or I have worked for you, no matter what conflicts we may have experienced in the past; be it a case of inadvertent sexual harassment or the occasional accidental workplace fire. I won't bring it up if you don't.

(But no matter what the others might think, I didn't draw that mustache on the picture of you near the front entrance.)

If you are one of my relatives, fear not all names and aspects of our relationship to the point where they have been rendered fictional.

(Except for the parts about my hot cousin, she was really pretty hot.)

Some of these stories might refer to certain famous and obscure role-playing games of the era; their names are mentioned lovingly and with nothing but respect.

(Still though, it took a damn long time to run a game of CHAMPIONS.)

If, by chance, you once bit me in your eagerness to explain your half-elves’ final defiant attack against that Mind Flayer I want you to know I bear no grudges – or scars. This is not about you.

(Or your overbite)

Perhaps you truly did play a ninja in one rpg or another, in fact I see such things as a legitimate and fascinating character choice, an archetype in fact.

(Pajama wearing, star throwing little FREAKS.)

However if you are one of the countless people who stop by here to read and re-read these strange little stories of mine, I'm flattered and honored, and sometimes a little relieved.

But still when you come right down to it, this still isn't about you either.

Because it’s all about me.

(Except when it isn’t)

1 comment:

  1. OMFG!

    Do me a favor, don't ever change!

    your BFF, the blonde

    ReplyDelete